This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and Knight Sportswear the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Knight Sportswear via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 10;
“UK and EU Cookie Law” means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
“User” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Knight Sportswear and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Website” means the website that you are currently using
2. Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of Knight Sportswear and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links provided to social media websites.
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website on occasion:
• contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
• financial information such as credit / debit card numbers
• IP address (automatically collected)
• web browser type and version (automatically collected)
• operating system (automatically collected)
• a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
3. Data Use
• Any personal Data you submit can be retained by Knight Sportswear for six months.
• Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 5, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This [includes] OR [does not include] our affiliates and / or other companies.
• All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
• Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping
• improvement of our products / services
• transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
• contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
4. Third Party Websites and Services
• Knight Sportswear may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services [do not] have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
• [Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Knight Sportswear requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.]
5. Links to Other Websites
6. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
• Knight Sportswear may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Knight Sportswear. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
• In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will [not] be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. [When contacted you will [not] be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.]
7. Controlling Use of Your Data
• Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
• use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
• sharing Data with third parties.
8. Your Right to Withhold Information
• You may access [certain areas of] the Website without providing any Data at all. [However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.]
• Data security is of great importance to Knight Sportswear and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
• All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
• [Certain features of the Website depend upon Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below.]
• This Website places the following Cookies:
• This Website uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how Users use the Website. This, in turn, enables us to improve the Website and the [products] AND/OR [services]offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of the Website it does enable us to continually improve our business.
• The analytics services used by this Website use the following Cookies:
• You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
• You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
• It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
11. Changes to this Policy
Knight Sportswear reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Knight Sportswear Ltd, Unit 1 Regency House, Station Yard, Station Road, Bawtry, Doncaster, DN10 6QD